One of my favorite Christmas traditions is going to see the Candlelight Processional at EPCOT. They have a mass choir, orchestra and celebrity narrator sing Christmas songs and tell the story of Jesus' birth. The music is amazing and never fails to give me chills. The celebrity narrator we saw this year was Virginia Madsen. In past years, we have seen John O'Hurley, Kirk Cameron, Rita Moreno and Steven Curtis Chapman. My favorite part of the performance is the end when they sing "Do You Hear What I Hear?" followed by "Silent Night" (with the first verse sung by the choir in German and then the conductor turns around and leads the audience in singing the second verse, in English of course). After that, the audience rises to their feet while the choir sings the Hallelujah chorus from Handel's "Messiah". Awesome!




Most of the countries have either a Santa Claus native to their country or a storyteller that shares Christmas traditions from their country. This was the Santa and Mrs. Claus at the American Pavilion. The line was way too long for us to stand in to visit with them, but I got a picture anyway.

This was the German storyteller and a live Nutcracker. The kids enjoyed hearing her tell the story about the nutcracker that comes to life. (And he did, right before our eyes!) They were amazed.

Emily enjoying the Christmas lights in Germany.
2 comments:
Candlelight is my favorite thing at Disney! I love "Shout for Joy", "Exceeding Great Joy", "Do You Hear What I Hear" and "Silent Night" the best! :-)
I probably annoy everyone around me because I can recite the entire show (words spoken and sung, as well as all the various orchestra parts) because I've seen it so many times.
I got to see it twice this season. :-)
I never did Christmas at Epcot. How cool they do the Christmas traditions at each country.
Post a Comment