Wednesday, November 26, 2008
A Close Call with a Critter
Last night before we went to bed, Matt went out the front door to make sure the cars were locked up. When he opened the door, there was a raccoon standing there. The raccoon ran off and Matt continued outside to check the cars, leaving the front door open. While he was standing by his truck, he felt something brush by his legs and turned and saw another raccoon running down the driveway. He started to come back into the house and saw yet another raccoon standing at the door almost ready to come in the house! Thankfully, Matt got there in time to scare him away before he came inside. Meanwhile, I was sitting on the couch in the family room happily watching "Dancing With the Stars" completely unaware of what was going on outside. I don't know what I would have done if I had seen a raccoon come tearing through the house. It probably would have been similar to the scene in "Christmas Vacation" when they found the squirrel in the Christmas tree.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
That sounds like some kind of horror movie waiting to happen... Close Encounters with the masked bandits.
I know that scene with the squirrel very well and you are right. That would have been funny as well as scary! That's a lot of raccoons to have at your front door. I am glad they didn't get in. By the way - how happy were you that Brooke & Derek won?????
Post a Comment