Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Favorite Christmas Movies


My all-time favorite Christmas movie is the classic "It's a Wonderful Life". It's such a great story and of course, the end always makes me cry. I love one of the theme's of the film that everyone's life has a purpose and that even what we think are insignificant details in our life affect the lives of the people around us.






Elf is another of my favorites. Will Ferrell cracks me up in this. I think the first time I saw it, I was crying because I was laughing so hard. There are so many hilarious scenes. And of course, it takes place in my favorite city, so that makes me love it even more.









I don't know if "Little Women" is considered a Christmas movie, but it has several Christmas scenes in it, so I will designate it as such. I'm embarrassed to say that I have never read the book. I'm going to make sure that I read it soon. The story is so good and the acting is fantastic. The musical score and the scenery are beautiful. I usually love any film that takes place in the 1800's.









What are your favorite Christmas movies?

2 comments:

I Love Purple More Than You said...

Uh, Harry Potter? Ok, don't laugh. Until this most recent movie (that was supposed to come out last month), all of the movies have come out this time of year. So I always associate them with Christmas. That and the Sound of Music, which isn't so much a "Christmas" movie, but we always watch it on Christmas day every year. (I just redeemed myself slightly, right?) :)

Anonymous said...

White Christmas is my all time favorite Christmas movie. I watch that one every three or four months because it is such a great classic. I also love Christmas vacation and laugh through that one every time I see it. Nightmare Before Christmas is also a funny one.