Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Pacifier Problema

Noah's addiction to the pacifier has recently gotten a bit out of hand, so we decided it was time to wean him from it before the situation gets out of control. He used to only use it for naptime and bedtime but recently he has wanted to have it ALL the time. Then, at the grocery store one day last week, he was playing with it and somehow got it wedged almost all the way inside of his mouth. Luckily, I was able to remove it. However, this was the last straw. We decided it was time for the binky to go bye-bye. We took them away yesterday and put him to bed without it. He woke up once during the night a little upset, but was able to go right back to sleep. Today he has been crankier than normal and fussed quite a bit at naptime. I am hoping he will soon forget all about it. Emily never took a pacifier, so this is all new to me.

2 comments:

I Love Purple More Than You said...

I went through the pacifier thing with two of my kids. We weaned to the "only in your bed" when they were two, and around 2 and 1/2, we cut the nipples off (starting with the least favorite and working toward the favorite), letting our kids participate and "help" hold the scissors. They were fascinated by it. And then we handed them back. A little confused that it didn't work the way it used to, they stopped trying. We put them in the garbage and the next day watched the garbage man take them away. Worked like a charm! :)

Lisa said...

Thanks for the great advice, Julie! I have heard that scissors one before. We will definitely try that if our cold turkey tactic fails.